"When good Americans die, they go to Paris" - Oscar Wilde

Monday, April 5, 2010

patience is a virtue

The study guide for my history midterm sits in front of me but I'm finding it hard to concentrate on memorizing the amendments of the constitution. Instead I am obsessing over whether I'll get accepted into the teaching assistantship program in France and if I do get accepted, whether I really have to wait until mid-September to get my visa as per the official guide on the French Ministry of Culture website. That would ruin my plans of arriving August 1, plans that I am quite set on.

On the positive side of things, I did however read about someone who got placed in the high school at Maisons-Alfort. Now wouldn't that be great, being able to work in the school whose bells I can hear from the bedroom window? One can hope, right? Of course, I applied to teach primary school, but there are bound to be primary schools in M-A too!

I just need to get used to waiting because waiting is what I'm going to be doing for the next four to five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment